Setting up Sign Customiser Discount
There are two ways to set up discounted prices for Neon Sign Customiser products. You can achieve this by using either the built-in discount feature or Shopify Discounts. In this document, we will focus on creating a discount using the Sign Customiser's built-in feature and highlight the differences between this method and Shopify Discounts. You can learn more about setting up Shopify Discounts on this page.
Sign Customiser Discount vs. Shopify Discount
Below is a list of the differences between the two methods. Check and select the one that fits your marketing strategy
- Sign Customiser's built-in discount: Displays the discount within the app's frontend but not on cart and checkout pages. A new product with a discounted price is generated when added to the cart.
- Shopify Discounts: The discount is not visible within the app's frontend and is applied only when customers reach the cart page.
- Sign Customiser's discount: Applied immediately upon configuration.
- Shopify Discounts: May take up to two minutes for Shopify to apply the discount to Sign Customiser generated products.
- Sign Customiser's discount: You can only set the discount amount.
- Shopify Discounts: In addition to the discount amount, you are able to set minimum spend, maximum discount uses, combinations, and active dates.
Setting up Sign Customiser discount:
From your customised editor page, go to Settings > General.
Scroll down to find the Discount option under the Product section.
Choose from two types of discounts:
Percentage of Total Amount: Set a percentage discount applied to the total price of any sign created with the current customiser. For example, if you type in 10 in the Discount Percentage field, a $100 sign will be $90.
Fixed Amount: This option works similarly to the percentage of the total amount option but instead of subtracting a percentage amount from the total price, it subtracts a fixed amount.